Each Spring and Fall, the Car Care Council calls awareness to the importance of regular car care for reliability and safety. According to the Car Care Council, this is an important time of year to stay ahead of the game and get your car serviced before the temperature drops!
Your vehicle’s manufacturer provides a specific maintenance schedule. Bringing your vehicle in for inspection and service at the recommended intervals (typically every 5,000 miles) can avoid surprises at wintertime. Here are a few items to check each fall:
- Antifreeze/Coolant – If you have not had your antifreeze/coolant flushed recently, doing so right before the winter is recommended.
- Windshield Wipers – Old and worn wipers should be replaced and adjusted. Washer fluid should be filled, with an extra bottle in the trunk during snowy high usage.
- Tires – Worn tire tread is dangerous on snow and ice. Replace any tires that are at the end of their useful life and have your tires rotated and balanced as well.
- Battery – Dead car batteries are common in winter and are a leading cause of getting stranded. If you have an old battery, strongly consider replacing it.
- Alignment – If your car is pulling to the left or right, you may need an alignment. Poor alignment is a much bigger issue when the roads are slippery because making more steering adjustments increases the risk of skidding.
At Excite, we’re committed to keeping you and your family safe and on the road. But to this end, you need to do your part as well! Give us a call or schedule your appointment. To make it easier, we are even offering a 10% Car Care Month Special discount up to $100. Don’t forget our year-round 33-Point Courtesy Inspection! See you soon!